How do I create a Workplace group from an email distribution list?
Maudhui haya ya msaada hayapatikani katika lugha yako. Tafadhali chagua kutoka kwa mojawapo ya lugha zako zinazoauniwa:
You must be an admin logged into Workplace from your computer to create a group from an email distribution list. You can only import Microsoft and G Suite email groups at this time.
You can create up to 500 Workplace groups based on your Microsoft and G Suite email groups. To create a group from an email distribution list:
- From your News Feed, click Admin Panel in the left menu.
- Click Groups.
- You can also access Groups here.
- Click Create Multiple Groups in the top right, then click Create Groups From Email List.
- Select Microsoft or G Suite, then click Get Started.
- Pick an account, then select the distribution list or lists you'd like to create a group or groups from.
- Click Continue with [number of] groups.
- Change the admins of the group by changing the admins of your Microsoft or G Suite email group. You'll be able to add new admins or moderators inside the group on Workplace.
- Click Done.
- Edit the settings for your group or groups then click Continue with [number of] groups.
- Click Create Groups.
Note: Any changes you make to Workplace groups won't apply to your corresponding Microsoft or G Suite email groups. However, adding people to your Microsoft or G Suite email groups will automatically add them to the corresponding Workplace groups. Removing people from your Microsoft or G Suite email groups won't remove them from the corresponding Workplace groups. If a group member leaves the group, they will not be added again the next time the group syncs with the email list.